Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

If Phagdish Hardy Wasn't An Idiot He's Jump On Alberta RE

Started by Anonymous, April 05, 2015, 11:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Even with temporarary low oil prices are housing is still up 2%. This province will have 6.25 mill in the future. Any investor with the IQ greater than a pebble would jump on Alberta RE knowing the price will only go in one direction.

Then again, any Vancouver moron that thinks roughnecks in Vancouver are dumping their luxury Okanagan holiday homes deserves to be confined to the retarded phag phorum.

Patrick Moore rocks and is a true pain in the ass for the $400 million dollar GP corporation. ac_dance

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Even with temporarary low oil prices are housing is still up 2%. This province will have 6.25 mill in the future. Any investor with the IQ greater than a pebble would jump on Alberta RE knowing the price will only go in one direction.

Then again, any Vancouver moron that thinks roughnecks in Vancouver are dumping their luxury Okanagan holiday homes deserves to be confined to the retarded phag phorum.

Patrick Moore rocks and is a true pain in the ass for the $400 million dollar GP corporation. ac_dance

Housing has become so expensive in Canada..

I would not mind a drop in prices in Canada..

Has home ownership become a luxury of the very rich?

I hope not, but if it continues in this unsustainable increase, I am afraid it will..

How do working people in Vancouver afford to live?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Even with temporarary low oil prices are housing is still up 2%. This province will have 6.25 mill in the future. Any investor with the IQ greater than a pebble would jump on Alberta RE knowing the price will only go in one direction.

Housing has become so expensive in Canada..

I would not mind a drop in prices in Canada..

Has home ownership become a luxury of the very rich?

I hope not, but if it continues in this unsustainable increase, I am afraid it will..

How do working people in Vancouver afford to live?

Oh fuck, I don't deny that. I am just poking fun at a non-thinker that's all. Ontario's economy has been in the shitter for 12 years since they voted out the PC's. Toronto's housing prices are skyrocketing much to the chagrin of their low wage populace.

Alberta's population is among the most youthful in Canada. Our population will grow by 40+% in the next 25 years. Even this year with low prices, oilsands production will rise while conventional drops.

Anyone betting against Alberta long term deserves to be poor and stupid.

Phagdish Hardy

What do you expect from someone who posts on VF? A fucking Mensa member. ac_dunno
NDP=New Debt Party

Anonymous

Quote from: "Phagdish Hardy"What do you expect from someone who posts on VF? A fucking Mensa member. ac_dunno

A playground for adults with no brains nor class.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"How do working people in Vancouver afford to live?

They don't.  The people that live in Vancouver proper are either wealthy immigrants, or have access to "family money," if you will.  Inheritance, etc.

Most that work there, commute from the 'burbs.

Of course, there's always the exception...  Some people do very well in business or their careers, but for the average single person earning an average wage, forget it.  The only place they could afford would be a run down crackshack-type apartment.  At least the bed bugs would be included free of charge...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"
Quote from: "Fashionista"How do working people in Vancouver afford to live?

They don't.  The people that live in Vancouver proper are either wealthy immigrants, or have access to "family money," if you will.  Inheritance, etc.

Most that work there, commute from the 'burbs.

Of course, there's always the exception...  Some people do very well in business or their careers, but for the average single person earning an average wage, forget it.  The only place they could afford would be a run down crackshack-type apartment.  At least the bed bugs would be included free of charge...

That is sad Lucky Number 8..

Calgary housing is getting more expensive for working people now too..

Even with more listings on the market, the average detached house is around %500,000..

Cheaper than Vancouver, but still too high for working people.

Anonymous

Many may try to bring in a renter, even, for three "wages" contributing to the mortgage.

Problem is, what if the renter leaves?  What if the wife loses her job?

Easy credit has allowed people to "buffer" themselves from homelessness...  Again, that is also like a Fonzy scheme though.  Once five credit cards all default, and every line of credit defaults also...  Collapse.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"Many may try to bring in a renter, even, for three "wages" contributing to the mortgage.

Problem is, what if the renter leaves?  What if the wife loses her job?

Easy credit has allowed people to "buffer" themselves from homelessness...  Again, that is also like a Fonzy scheme though.  Once five credit cards all default, and every line of credit defaults also...  Collapse.

I have girlfriends who are married, earn more than we do, have only one child, but carry so much debt..

They must have everything right now rather than save as we have..

We have less than three years on your mortgage, but then we are free and clear..

No car payments, no consumer credit debt, but we do not buy Caribbean trips with credit cards either.

Anonymous

History proves that people cannot monitor themselves.  My Ex-wife was a classic example...  If the money was available, it would be spent.  It didn't matter what I said to her.

The money is available?  Shopping time!

Drove me fucking nuts.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"History proves that people cannot monitor themselves.  My Ex-wife was a classic example...  If the money was available, it would be spent.  It didn't matter what I said to her.

The money is available?  Shopping time!

Drove me fucking nuts.

I don't want to judge your ex-wife, but one of my girlfriends in particular is exactly like that..

She is a slave to consumerism and debt..

Being mortgage free is one of my our goals..

Less than three years to go.

ac_smile

Anonymous

I have a long way to go with Mortgage, but I can afford it, with money left over.  It's just a Condo, but I live alone.  It works for now.

I have always been taught to pay the bills first, and what is left over is for spending.  Many do not understand that concept.  However, the banks love these people!  It is how they make their billions!

I invest in banks...  I am assured that there will be a never ending supply of people that cannot control themselves.  The returns I make on my investments with said banks, should cover the interest fees I pay to borrow, and then some...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"I have a long way to go with Mortgage, but I can afford it, with money left over.  It's just a Condo, but I live alone.  It works for now.

I have always been taught to pay the bills first, and what is left over is for spending.  Many do not understand that concept.  However, the banks love these people!  It is how they make their billions!

I invest in banks...  I am assured that there will be a never ending supply of people that cannot control themselves.  The returns I make on my investments with said banks, should cover the interest fees I pay to borrow, and then some...

Debt is bondage and my husband and I do not want it..

We do not go out to restaurants very often and we do not buy clothes every weekend, but we live within our means.

Anonymous

It's a good thing Phagdish Hardy has a trust fund to live off of just like Paris Hilton. Gawd knows he will never make any money in the RE market.

QuoteThe market in the oil hub of Calgary is now rebounding after four months of declines. Sales rose 12.5 percent in March and prices gained 1.9 percent.

Must have been all those derrick hands in Calgary selling their Okanagan houses and using the procceds to buy a second house in Cow Town eh Gomer?  ac_doofus

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"It's a good thing Phagdish Hardy has a trust fund to live off of just like Paris Hilton. Gawd knows he will never make any money in the RE market.

QuoteThe market in the oil hub of Calgary is now rebounding after four months of declines. Sales rose 12.5 percent in March and prices gained 1.9 percent.

Must have been all those derrick hands in Calgary selling their Okanagan houses and using the procceds to buy a second house in Cow Town eh Gomer?  ac_doofus

I should be happy that the value of my house is rising, but I am not..

Home affordability is disappearing in this city like it is in so many other Canadian cities.